


We spent labor day weekend in Two Rivers enjoying a day at the beach and a sky full of kites. I didn't get many pictures of the beach because the batteries in my camera died, however, I know that mom got a ton which are posted on her flicker.

From the beach we went to the first day of school. The day itself went well, and the boys are adjusted and I think having a good year so far. Owen has Mr. Lehman for 4th grade and Gavin has Mrs. Cavanaugh for 2nd grade. Quinn was very sad when all of her 4 year old friends moved on to 4K, but because her birthday falls at the end of September she didn't make the cut off for her age. Oh well, I think that I will be happy she is a little older for her class someday. For now I have to try to find things to occupy her and keep her busy. The whole "Connor, the next door neighbor" is working out better than I thought!

Speaking of Quinn, her flowers finally bloomed and we have had fun watching the bees visit them on a regular basis. I am not sure how you harvest sunflower seeds, but we will try once the plants dry out a little more.

As everyone knows, Quinn's birthday is coming up(not as soon as she would like). Since Aunt Meg sent her birthday gift early, Quinn decided she couldn't wait and wanted to spread out the celebrating, so she opened her gift! She had a wonderful time trying on each dress and will look fabulous in the spring! Thanks Aunt Meg and Uncle Matt! The next big celebration takes place on Saturday where we are meeting up with the Maurer's and Seilers and going to Chuck E. Cheese. Wahoo!


No comments:
Post a Comment